Sunday, June 3, 2007

To prepare for the unknown

Recently, I had a very interesting discussion with you-know-who. It was about the uncertainty of the future and the desolateness(probably too harsh a word) of life at present. And naturally, such discussions will lead to the imminent question of, "Why do we prepare so hard for something that is unknown? Can't we live life to the fullest and let tommorow worry for itself?" ....... Food for thought.
It's really so tempting to agree with the latter question. Yet I think life constitutes more than it appears to present. May I suggest that purpose, accountability and responsibility be the grounds by which we begin to explore into the issues of life. What is my purpose here? Do I even have a purpose of living in this place called earth? Or am I just a product of coincidence as many would suggest. What are my responsibilities and to whom do I owe an accountability?
More food for thought............ :)

On a personal note, I have found my purpose in life! :) Praise God.

No comments: